Monday, July 23, 2012

Makeup Monday: Daily Routine



So, I'm not much of a beauty guru (my twin sister got that gene, you can check out her awesome blog right here!) but I've slowly been picking up tips from her along the way, and now I've got myself a daily makeup routine! Well, for the days I leave the house anyway. I'm still pretty low-maintenance, so I stick to tinted moisturizer, an under-eye concealer, mascara, and then a lip-color. Lately I've been obsessed with Revlon's new lip balm stains.


(From left to right: Garnier's Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller, Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturising Day Cream in Natural, Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in Glam Back, and Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart.)

I like a look that's clean but natural, and so the light-weight formula of both the face products is perfect for me. The moisturizer was actually a gift from my sister who's living in London, and so unfortunately I can't buy this product in America. It's a shame because it's a staple for me now, but the one thing it is missing is SPF, and so the next one I pick up will definitely include that. My sister recommended Laura Mercier's, and there's an oil-free option which is great since my skin tends to run on the greasy side.

Since I don't use eye-makeup, going with a bolder, brighter lip color can be a great way to add a pop of color. Revlon's balm stains last well past my iced coffee, and never dries my lips out. I also own it in Honey and it's the perfect natural pink lip color. I just picked up a Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Buff, and so I'm hoping to start working that into my look soon too.

Oh, and I've got a really exciting position as a fashion marketer for Socialbliss. It's like Pinterest for fashion and style. Get on there and make a profile, it's so much fun! You can check out my collections and follow me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment